Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Radio coverage rant

I know Florida is a long way from Michigan, and I know it's only Spring Training baseball, but so far, I've only heard one game broadcasted on the radio.  I'm not in Detroit, so that may be part of the reason I'm not hearing that many games, but I am in Grand Rapids, so you would think that with two sports stations in town, at least one might cover the game.  However, here it is, 2:15 on Tuesday afternoon, and no game to listen to.  I might think about subscribing to MLB radio so I could listen online, but my company's IT department has blocked streaming audio and video. Oh well, the regular season will be here soon enough, and then all the games will be on the radio.

3 Comments:

sparkey said...

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!!!! I HAVE BEEN LOOKING ALL WEEKEND FOR A STATION THAT CARRIES OUR TIGERS AND NO LUCK. REALLY BITES TOO. WONDER WHY LAV STOPPED BROADCASTING? THERE ARE ALOT OF FANS HERE IN GRAND RAPIDS WHO'D LOVE TO BE CHEERING FOR THE TIGERS RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!

paul said...

I think LAV still does carry the Tigers, but only during the regular season. At least they did last year. On the plus side, we've got just two weeks until the regular season begins!

Scott Daniel said...

Spring Training coverage from a TV and radio perspective is spotty, I agree, Paul.

Acutally, just wanted to say "hello." Just started my own little Tigers blog ... stop by if you get a chance!